Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall!

Sometimes when I haven't written in a long time, it feels overwhelming because there is a lot to catch up on, so I just put it off until there is SO MUCH that I feel like I can never write again because it just isn't fair to skip over so many things.  Argh.  I will just do what I can, when I can, right?

Updating the sidebar- Miss Olivia F. has moved on, since she was just our summer girl.  (she wears her flip flops.  When she lets her hair down, the party never stops!  I get that country song in my head every time I say summer girl.)  In addition, sweet Vanellope has moved out of state with her family.  We will miss her lots!  She got to spend the night with me while they were getting ready to go and we went to a cub scout cookout in the park with O'Malley's den, so I have some fun jammies and marshmallow pictures that I don't usually get during daycare hours.






Dancing outside with Flynn, and working inside with Big Red Barn flashcards.  They're getting really good at all the animal sounds!  Flynn's donkey noise is my favorite.



And we've gotten FOUR new babies that I don't have names for yet.  Some of them have been with us for several months and aren't really new anymore, but nonetheless, I can't discuss them properly without names.  One boy, three girls, all fabulous.

And later we're getting twins!  I just got word they were born on Friday, so they'll be hanging out with momma and growing fat for a few months, and then start with us in the winter along with another little boy who is scheduled to be born at the end of the month.  Lots of fun stuff.

Okay!  Names.  Our boy is seven months old, deliciously chubby and super laid back.  He's very mobile and pulls up on everything, then just lets go and falls back like a tree.  It surprises him every time he hits the floor.  He's drooly and smiley and fun.  I think I'm going to call him Russell after the little cub scout in UP!.  It just seems to fit.



I'm having a terrible time coming up with a name for this cutie.  Her family calls her Little Bitty, which I think is adorable.  She takes really good naps here, even more when she was new and super tiny, so I think maybe that's why it's been hard to think of a name- we just didn't have as much time to hang out with her while she was awake.  Now that she's a little older, she's with us in the playroom more and giving us lots of smiles.  Hopefully inspiration will strike soon.

Then I have a cutie pie whose family doesn't want pictures posted, but she's super cute.  Blonde and blue-eyed.  I'm going to call her Cinderella.  She's still getting used to us so we haven't discovered all her likes and dislikes yet, but she's fitting in nicely and giving us smiles. 




Last but not least, our other four month old girl is going to be Bubbles.  She's got these pretty big blue eyes that she opens wide all the time to look at things.  It makes her look excited and a little surprised a whole lot of the time.  And sister loves to dance- you put on the music and she gets going just like this little fish.  I'll find some cute pictures to post of her next time if I have approval.  :)

So that's our fall roster.  Oh!  Also there is Bolt.  I started out calling her Jasmine, thinking of the section where she says "I am not a prize to be won!"  She's one of the more opinionated princesses, and I figured that's where our girl would fall.  However.... she's barely six months and she's crawling like lightning and trying to pull up on things and never cries when someone bothers her and is already trying to sit on people bigger than she is.  Jasmine just wasn't going to cut it.  She needs a name that's a little more fierce and fast.  So now she's Bolt.  :)  I think he was a boy dog but she could run circles around him so I don't care.  


Hanging out with Little Bitty.  I really do like that name- maybe I'll just keep that one even though it isn't Disney.


Bolt, Russell, and LB all heading for the camera.


Deciding how best to pounce.


She's going to eat Flynn's snack, or perhaps climb up in his lap and try to sit on his head from there.  Going places in a hurry, this one.

No comments: