Friday, October 17, 2008

Gluten Free Daycare...

O'Malley and I have both just been diagnosed with celiac disease. This means we have a gluten intolerance and can't eat wheat, rye, oats, or barley. I'm going to have to make some changes in the way I feed the kids, and I'd like some parental help-

Please don't send your kids with food. I've got plenty of stuff here for them to eat, so please make them keep their crackers in the car. I'll be glad to start making gluten-free cakes for birthdays so we don't have to worry about making a mess. It's just much easier all the way around if we stay gf. O'Malley is too little to understand a mixed kitchen.

I'll be doing way more cooking from scratch, and things will be a little different while I experiment with recipes. There are still lots of things we can eat though.

2 comments:

loni said...

You can do it, and it'll be great! I will be sure the keep my bread at home from now on. :)

Tonya said...

Hi - I love your blog! I also watch a couple children in my home so I love reading about your ideas and your life!

My sister in law has celiac disease too. It has been a hard transition for her at times, but now she is settled into it. We actually have a bakery about an hour away from us that specializes in gluten free cakes, and my sister in law loves it! She isn't so much into making things from scratch, but she has sought out stores that have gluten free things. There are even some online ones if you are up for the shipping fees.
Good luck! There are a lot of resources on the net if you need them!