Monday, October 13, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday- Best Friends For Frances

Today was supposed to be the Halloween theme, but I totally forgot it was Muffin Tin Monday at all until Duchess reminded me when I had already started making lunch. Nothing Halloween-ish was coming to mind, and besides the kids are creatures of habit. After one week they already expect that I will read them a story and we will eat story food. Period, the end.

So I read them Best Friends for Frances. We all love Frances and they do talk about a lot of food in those books. In this one they go on a picnic and eat lots of fun finger foods. I forgot to take pictures of the muffin tins this time, but they had

  • hard-boiled eggs
  • coleslaw
  • pickles (which Marie licked and nobody else would even touch)
  • steamed potatoes (which I told them was like potato salad, since I'd already been making potatoes before I remembered about the muffin tins)
  • celery sticks
  • cream cheese and jelly sandwiches ( I forgot that I really like these! I don't think I've eaten one in at least twenty years.)
So there you have it. Good stuff. Maybe I'll try to branch out from Frances next week if I remember soon enough to put something together. I'm thinking maybe we'll read Stone Soup and have each ingredient in there, plus some of the finished soup. Not sure.

No comments: