Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Focus: Hercules

Hercules is getting big! He's the second oldest kid here that doesn't belong to me or Kanga. He goes back and forth between being sure he rules the roost and bossing everyone around, and still wanting to be a baby and fall on the floor and cry when somebody looks at him. :) Fairly typical for this age. He's completely capable of lots of communication- when he comes to me crying and pointing, I say "use your words" and then I get, "Please stop! Lady! No jump on Hercules! Get out of here! NO like dat!"

His vocabulary is making me laugh these days. He's picked up a bunch of phrases that sound funny coming out of a small person. "Lemme see dat!" is one we hear a lot. And the other day when I handed him his bowl of breakfast I told him it was still hot and he should be careful, so he walked it to the table telling himself, "It's super hot, baby! super hot!" I can totally hear myself and also his mom in that.

He and Tigger are definitely still partners in crime. One of their favorite things to do right now is march (or run) back and forth between the kitchen and the playroom with buckets on their heads. The hard part is trying to keep them from sharing with their friends. If they think we aren't looking, suddenly Perdita or Copper has a bucket on their head too.

They also like to play puppy dog. And oh my goodness I love this picture.


He goes and goes until he runs out of steam, and then he is DONE. He's not really one that fights us about going to bed. Usually he just finds a corner of the rug or lays out on the couch and goes to sleep on his own for a little cat nap. One time he even went to sleep standing up with his head leaning over on the couch. I can't find that picture for some reason, but it was pretty hilarious.

No comments: