Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Focus: Tarzan

Tarzan boy! Thankfully he does not swing from chandeliers or anything like that. :) When I think of him as Tarzan, I actually sing the Backyardigans Tarzan song in my head rather than the Disney one- "I'm Tarzan, I'm Tarzan, I'm Tarzan the very strong...." He's been here most of the summer and I haven't done his own post yet- but now it's his turn!

He's an extremely cheerful kiddo most of the time. In fact, even when he's instigating something he ought not to be doing, or taking something from Aurora, he's got the sunniest smile. It's hard to fuss at him because he always looks so genuinely happy- not a malicious bone in his body. Just not so much paying attention sometimes and not sure of his own strength....


I have a "Who's on First" type conversation ongoing with him. He says "me want" most of the time, and I keep trying to tell him that it's "I want". But when I say that, he says "No YOU want. Me want!" And then I say, "no, you say I want instead of me want..." So far the nuances are kind of lost on him. But he speaks way better Spanish than I do, so I guess you can't have it all when you're not even three. :)

He talked about his new monkey every day for quite awhile after our event. It made him happy. That makes me happy too.


"Look! Me on scooter board!"

I also love the way he counts- it always starts 1, 9, 6. I have a feeling there must be some important number that goes that way, maybe a phone number or something, because no matter how many times we discuss that 2 is supposed to come after 1, he never says it until after 9 and 6. Wish I knew what he was thinking when he counts, because I can tell there's a reason. I just can't figure out what it is.

No comments: