Thursday, August 4, 2011

HOT

Life stinks here. We are at day 35 of over 100 degrees. And it's not 101. It's more like 108 or 109. When Kanga goes out at the end of the day to start her car, the temp usually reads between 118 and 133. I actually shrieked when I saw that one. We do not live in the Sahara Desert here. This is ridiculous.

Needless to say I can't remember the last time we played outside. I put the quad stroller on the back porch tonight because I can't remember the last time we used that either and I don't see it in our near future.

The playroom used to be our garage. It has its own AC unit back there, but the insulation is not as good as the rest of the house. It's having trouble keeping up. It's fine in the mornings most of the time but by the afternoon we don't want to be in there.

I think there's something to be said for lying on the tile floor and panting like a dog. I can see now why they do it.

I also think there's going to be a water day coming up very soon, even if I have to flood my kitchen and do it inside. The thought of going out right now gives me hives, even if sprinklers are involved.

Did I mention it's hot?

No comments: