Monday, February 16, 2009

This Is Exhausting, Said The Frosting

Today's Muffin Tin Monday theme is I Can't, Said the Ant. We read the book and talked about rhyming words and chose foods that sounded good. I can't imagine why the artichoke didn't make their short list...

My husband took the camera with him on a trip, so there are no pictures for the next two weeks, but our foods are:

I can't bear it! said the carrot...
What a blessing! said the dressing....
How exhausting! said the frosting...
This is a breeze! said the cheese....
Rather rare! said the pear...
Gee! said the pea...
Take my advice! said the rice...

It's funny how we have weird combinations of foods like this for lunch. I'm not sure I would have ever served cheese, rice, peas, carrots, and frosting. But the food program just says we have to have a protein, a carb, and 2 fruits and/or veggies, so this qualifies. And it makes sense to them because of reading the book.

5 comments:

GodwinFamily said...

At least I know my kids will decide to eat something today. I know Sebastian will eat carrots, rice and cheese. Aerial will have peas, cheese and probably dressing on everything.

Daycare Girl said...

Yup, it's true. And neither one of them would touch the frosting. :) Gotta love a kid who will eat peas but not sugar. Both your kids ate tons of peas, actually.

Mary Beth said...

Cool posting - you wouldn't have to worry - I would touch the frosting!

Gee said...

Hi Daycare Girl! I'm the proud Auntie of baby "Bianca". I enjoyed your website and your featured character names are so cute and creative.I agree with you, her smile lights up any room. Thank you for taking care of our family most precious gem.

MaMaPaPa said...

Hello Daycare Girl! We are Bianca's grandparents. We love your website. I have shared it with all my friends and co-workers and they love it too. It feels like all of us can visit Bianca and the other children. Thank you for taking care our wonderful baby Bianca. We love her so.