Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Focus- Lady

New fresh pink baby! Alert! Alert! We are enjoying her so much. Yesterday both my kids were crowded around either side of me while I held her, looking at me with their big puppy dog eyes and saying "Mama? Wouldn't it be nice if she was our sister? Can we keep her?" Yeah, no. Pretty sure that ship has sailed on the former, and very sure her parents would have issue with the latter. :) But that's the beauty of the job. Baby fix galore.


I was debating the possibility of calling her Cinderella, but it doesn't exactly roll trippingly off the tongue. Plus, she's just Lady. Her mama suggested it and it fits her. Reminds me of the part in the beginning of the movie where Darling first gets the puppy- "Isn't she just a perfectly beautiful little Lady?" Why yes. Yes she is.


She tends to look very wide-eyed and serious until you talk to her, and then she's got the BEST smile. I haven't been able to catch a picture of it yet, but hey, she's only been here two weeks. There's plenty of time.

Hey, did the timer go off yet? I'm not so sure about this tummy time thing......

O'Malley really loves her. He keeps trying to get too close. He's relatively careful, but still. I tell him he can kiss the top of her head or her feet while I'm holding her, but he really wants to kiss her face and especially loves to touch her hair. He'll come over and say, "Mama? Can I pet the baby?" Which makes me laugh. And I say okay, you can pet her. The first time he started at her forehead and brushed her hair backwards, like rubbing a cat's fur the wrong way. Then he was tickled. "Mama! If I pet her like this, I give her a mohawk!!!" And now it's a joke for him. I have to pet her THIS way, all nice and smooth, or else she have a mohawk!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Luckily she is super easy going and just looks quizzically at him. Unless she's hungry or tired, pretty much nothing fazes her. A perfectly wonderful little Lady indeed.

No comments: