Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Focus- O'Malley

My O'Malley is getting so big that it makes my heart squeeze. I'm having a lot of trouble with the idea that this coming year will be his last one at home here before he's off to kindergarten. I don't think I'll be homeschooling like I did with Duchess- she wasn't really ready to leave me. This boy has had the experience of watching big sister head off every morning as long as he can remember, and has a t-ball team full of boys who will be in his class. He has zero interest in any extra time at home with momma. Plus our Wii is a ginormous distraction and it's not as easy to engage him in learning these days. I think he'll have less conflict at school. :) Plus he can show off his cool Star Wars gear to a more appreciative audience.


I've been woefully neglecting my personal blog lately and a couple friends have told me that they're jonesing for crazy stories. Here's one that is totally at my expense and nothing to do with daycare, but it's funny so I'll spill:

Let's face it- 40 is closer than 30 and after kids my legs don't look like pristine cheerleader legs anymore. I was really hoping I'd be about 65 before I had spider veins or other things that I usually pretend do not exist. I wear jeans or capris most of the time and it's rare for O'Malley to actually see my whole leg. Awhile back on a weekend I was lounging around in some shorts and he came running in to pounce on my lap. We snuggled and tickled and he scooted all around on my lap and then tooted really loud. Of course he laughed hysterically like it was the best thing that ever happened and I had to give him a hard time about doing it right in my lap. I made him get up. He turned around and looked back at me and got this horrified look on his face, checking a vein on my thigh- "Oh, MAMA! Did I do that?!?!"

Yes, son, you did, just not today. I wish I could blame him for farting that spider vein right onto me, but alas, they're not so easy-on OR easy-off. :)

That's all I can think of at the moment- I'm working on updating a lot of blog stuff today since numbers are down and things are pretty quiet.

No comments: