Monday, August 9, 2010

New Curriculum!!

I've been using Mother Goose Time for the last several years and we've all really enjoyed it. I did some internet research this summer though, just to see what else is out there. I ended up ordering one month of something called Read It Once Again, which is a literature based curriculum similar to Five in a Row that I've used in the past. This one goes for a MONTH with over 100 activities for the same book. Considering that I have been reading Ten Apples Up on Top every day for about the past month, I was super excited to find curriculum that goes with a book for that LONG. At this age the kiddos are all about repetition.

Today in the mail I got the first unit: The Very Hungry Caterpillar. It is even better than I anticipated. It includes TONS of different kinds of things for the kids to do and will incorporate so many learning skills. It's going to be all caterpillar, all the time for the rest of August. I had been planning to continue ordering MGT for this school year, but depending on how well this month goes, I may be ordering new book study units instead.

I love new curriculum! This one does have more work for me to do ahead of time- I'm off to cut and laminate and get things ready. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sounds fun! And, I love "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".